Texas Professional Inspector License #21796
Follow us on Social Media!
"Bringing your problems to light"
Preparing for your Home Inspection
Your Prep Work:
In preventing delays and make the most of everyone's time, the home should be prepared for the inspection. The current homeowners should remove all personal property that would block the inspector's access to key systems inside the home. For liability reasons, inspectors will not move personal property while inside the home, so it is essential that the seller do this in advance of the inspection.
Specifically, the home owner - seller should ensure that:
And finally, the buyer will often accompany the home inspector, and buyers feel uncomfortable asking questions if the owner/seller is present. Try to schedule a time for the inspection when you can be out of the house, and take the children with you. Crate your pets if you cannot remove them from the premises.
- All utilities turned on (electric / water / gas)
- All pilot lights are lit
- All locks are removed or unlocked from areas that may prohibit the inspector's accessibility (such as attics, doors, outbuildings, etc.)
- Attic access is clear
- Crawl space (if applicable) is clear
- Electrical panels are accessible and not locked
- Water heater is accessible
- Furnace is accessible
- Cooling system is accessible
- Built-in kitchen appliances are accessible and ready to operate
- Pets are secure
Many inspections can take up to 3 hours to complete.
Proudly serving the DFW area! Call Us today for your Commercial & Home Inspections
© North Texas Property Inspections.com, All Rights Reserved